Auli huddled in the snow-capped mountainous region of Chamoli district is one of the best hill stations in Uttarakhand. This gorgeous snow queen sits high at an altitude ranging from 2,500 metres to 3,050 metres above sea level.
- Region – Chamoli
- Duration – 2-5 Days
- Famous for/as – Winter sports, Skiing and Trekking
- Altitude (Max) – 3049 m
- Best season – Nov to April
Auli Travel Guide
6 Reasons Why To Visit Auli
- Auli is famous for Skiing and Ski resorts
- 3 km trek from Auli will take you to the picturesque Gurson Bugyal.
- SLopes of Auli are meant for both professional skiers as well as novices.
- Glimpse of Nanda Devi, Mana Paravat, Kamet.Hathi Parvat, Trishul, Ghori Parbat, Nar Parbat, Nikanth Beethartoli and Dunagiri.
- Marvelous views of beautiful apple orchards and fine deodar trees
Enjoy Joshimath-Auli Gondola (Asia’s longest Gondola ride) and the chair car ride from GMNV to Auli (800 m).
Auli Camping Insights
- Camp Site : Auli Lower and Upper
- Nearby Trek : Gurson Bugyal and Kuari pass
- Ideal Time to Visit: Novmber to April
- Duration: 2 – 5 Days
- Activities : Winter Adventure Sports, Skiing, camping, trekking etc..
- Places to Cover: Rishikesh – Rudraparyag – Chamoli – Joshimath – Auli
Auli Route Map
How To Reach Auli
By Air :-
Nearest Airport – Jolly Grant Airport Dehradun. ( 286kms from Auli)
There is a daily flight from Delhi to Dehradun, which take around an hour to reach the city. Auli is well connected by motorable roads with airport. Taxi services are available from Jolly Grant Airport to Auli.
By Train :-
Nearest Railway Station – Rishikesh Railway station. (264 kms from Auli)
You can take the overnight train to Rishikesh from Delhi. Taxi services are available from Rishikesh Railway Station to Auli.
There is regular bus service from Delhi to Rishikesh, from Delhi’s ISBT Kashmere Gate. Taxis and buses are available from Rishikesh to Auli.
- Respect local folks, culture and be sensitive towards wildlife.
- Person suffering from heart diseases, diabetes, breathing problem/Asthama, H.A.S High Altitude Sickness or is pregnant can not participate.
- A waterproof backpack (60ltr)
- High ankle waterproof trekking shoes
- Trekking stick
- waterproof track pants, sunglasses, thermal innerwear, rain proof jacket.
- Water bottle, lip balm, moisturizer, sunscreen lotion.
- Personal Medicine kit
- Torch/flashlight wth extra batteries
- Polythene bags
30 day before : 25% of total cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
15-30 days before: 50% of of total cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
0-15 days before: 100% of of total cost will be charged as cancellation fees.