Chopta also referred to as “Mini Switzerland” is a minion hamlet snuggled in the Himalayan state of Uttarakhand. The place is marked by tall conifers and chirpy birds, that have made their safe haven here. Chopta is highly celebrated for its gorgeous meadows, that are perfect for offering camping and trekking expeditions.
- State – Uttarakhand
- District – Rudraprayag
- Famous for/as – Hill Station
- Altitude – 12,083 ft
- Best Season – Apr – Jun, Sep – Nov
Chopta travel Guide
Chopta Camping Insight
- Camp: Chopta (6-7 hrs drive from Dehradun)
- Nearby treks : Tungnath- Chandrashila, Deoria Tal, Anusuiya Devi Temple, Madmaheshwar
- Grade/Level: Easy
- Ideal Time to Visit: November to Januaray, March to June and August to October
- Duration: 05 Days
- Total trekking: 8 km (Chopta -Chandrashila-Tungnath-DeoriaTal
- Places to Cover: Rishikesh – Rudraprayag – Ukhimath – Chopta – Tungnath -Chandrashila – DeoriaTal
Chopta Camping and Trekking
Day 1: Dehradun to Chopta Camp Site (8,790 ft)
Day 2: Chopta to (7,400 ft) to Chandrashila(12,080 ft) – Tugnath (12,073 ft) and back to Chopta
Day 3: Chopta to Sari then 3 km hike to Deoriatal (7,999 ft),
Day 4: Drive from Sari to Dehradaun
7 Reasons Why To Visit Chopta
- Chopta is Known as ‘Mini Switzerland Of Uttarakhand’
- Chopta is Unspoiled desstination tucked away in Garhwal Himalyas
- The most striking feature of this place would be the number of meadows (Bugyal) that you would see here.
- In Winters, the meadow of Chopta remains covered in snow
- This Place is famous for rare himalayan species Monal bird, Musk deer and Pikka mouse.
- The winsome trails covered with Rhododendron (locally known as Buraans) will take your breath away.
- Chopta where the tree line ends and all you see is a fluffy turf of grass
Chopta Route Map
How To Reach
By Air :-
Nearest Airport – Jolly Grant Airport Dehradun. ( 177kms from Chopta)
There is a daily flight from Delhi to Dehradun, which take around an hour to reach the city. Chopta is well connected by motor-able roads with airport. Taxi services are available from Jolly Grant Airport to Chopta.
By Train :-
Nearest Railway Station – Dehradun Railway Station. (203 kms from chopta)
You can take the overnight train to Dehradun from Delhi. Taxis and buses are available from Dehradun Railway Station to Chopta.
There is regular bus service from Delhi to Dehradun, from Delhi’s ISBT Kashmere Gate. Taxis and Buses are available from Dehradun to Chopta.