Starting from ₹
– flat 10% off
Har Ki Dun Trek is one of the most beautiful valleys snuggled in the Garhwal region of Uttarakhand. It is located in the heart of a cradle-shaped vale below the Har Ki Dun peak. Guided and non-guided tours are taken to this dale both in summer and winters. The place is accessible through Govind National Park, celebrated for its rich flora and fauna.
The high points of Har Ki Dun trek include meandering through the lush meadows, moraine ridges, glacier basins, and pine forests. You will also come across some ancient villages, that are a well-kept secret of this valley. The trek offers you the golden opportunity to experience the Himalayan life. One can see the Herculean peaks of Swargarohini glisten in the evening sun, standing with pride over the ridges beyond Sankri.
If you are a wildlife lover, then you’ll be pleased to hear that many birds and animals thrive in this region.One can spot languor families near Puani Garaat. If lucky you can also spot Black bears, wild boards and Barasingha. Birds like Golden eagles, Himalayan griffins and Himalayan monal can also be found here.You’ll be amazed to see the awe-inspiring views of Swargarohini Group of Peaks, Kala Nag (Black Peak), Bandarpoonch and many more. Recreational activities to indulge in Har Ki Dun include trekking, camping, and village tourism.
- this package variant excludes transportation
- This package varient provides transportation (Pick-Drop) from Dehradun
- Vehicle: Sumo/Bolero/Tempo Traveller
- Pick Up Time: 6 AM
- Pick-Up Location: Prince Chowk, near Railway station, Dehradun.
What is included?
What Trekkers Say?
How To Reach?
By Air :-
Nearest Airport – Jolly Grant Airport Dehradun. ( 213 kms far from Sankri)
There is a daily flight from Delhi to Dehradun, which take around an hour to reach the city. Sankri(Base Camp) is well connected by motor-able roads with airport. Taxi services are available from Jolly Grant Airport to Sankri.
By Train :-
Nearest Railway Station – Dehradun Railway Station. (187 kms far from Sankri)
You can take the overnight train to Dehradun from Delhi. Taxis and buses are available from Dehradun Railway Station to Sankri (Base Camp).
By Bus:- ( Dehradun to Sankri 187 kms)
There is regular bus service from Delhi to Dehradun, from Delhi’s ISBT Kashmere Gate. Taxis and Buses are available from Dehradun to Sankri (Base Camp)
10 Reasons to visit!
- Har ki dun trek is one of the oldest treks in India.
- Har Ki Dun Trek is a stairway to heaven that will definitely make you fall for its charm.
- Sankri, is quite popular as base camp for other treks like – Har Ki Dun, Bali pass, Borasu Pass, Ruinsara Tal, Bharadsar lake.
- Har ki dun is located in the heart of a cradle-shaped vale below the Har Ki Dun peak
- Glimpse of Gangotri range, Shrikanth peak from Moryana top.
- Trail is filled with silver, gold oak trees (locally Known as moru and kharsu).
- Flowing stream next to the camping site in Chilpada.
- During May to September, Green meadows Of Dayara blossomed with colorful flowers.
- From Dayara Top Bandarpoonch seems a touching distance away
- Encounter the sunset over John Lee and Draupadi ka Dand
• If cancellations are made 30 days before the start date of the trip, 15% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
• If cancellations are made within 30-15 days before the start date of the trip, 50% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
• If cancellations are made within 15-0 days before the start date of the trip, 100% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
• In case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain activities may be cancelled and in such cases the operator will try his best to provide an alternate feasible activity. However no refund will be provided for the same.
The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days. 2% of total amount will be deducted as bank processing fees.
Note: We holds the right to change/cancel the policies, without prior notice.
- Respect local folks, culture and be sensitive towards wildlife.
- If you have any Medicaledical condition which may affect the trip, kindly let us know in advance.
- Don’t carry ‘SINGLE USE PLASTIC’
- Don’t throw plastic/garbage on trails.
- • Sturdy hiking boots: preferably all leather upper as it provides better ankle support. If you do not own a pair yet, it is advisable that you buy one as soon as possible & wear it often so that they are well broken. This will help prevent blisters.
•Light weight tennis shoes/sandals: for wearing in camp.
• Wool socks: 2 pairs: preferably thick wool socks.
• Nylon socks: 2-3 Pairs, of the type you wear daily to be worm under the wool socks to prevent blister.
• Hiking shirt: 1 Preferably long sleeve
• Long John top: 1 also known as thermal underwear, preferably wool to be worm as first layer.
• Warm shirts & pants for camp : 1 each
• Rain cot 1 each
• Warm Jacket : 1
• Woolen gloves : 1 pairs as thick as available in the market.
• Long John bottoms : Preferably wool to be worm as first layer.
• Under wear : 2-3 changes
• Hiking shorts / pants : 1
• Sun hat : Cotton or nylon.
• Sun Glasses : Preferably with an anchor
• Sun Protection Lotion : optional
• Lip balm / chap stick : optional
• Water bottle: 2 Bottles of 1 Liter capacity.
• Head lamp / flashlight: Preferably a headlamp as it leaves your hands free to work please bring extra batteries.
• Toilet articles: Tooth brush, tooth paste, etc
- Basic First Aid kit
- Experienced and well trained staff
- All safety checks while Rafting as per gov. guidelines.
- Oxygen Cylinders
- Radios walkie-talkies
- Technical team on all snowy slopes
- Microspikes on all snow treks
- Experienced and Certified Trek Leaders